For purposes of the Oklahoma Apiary Act:
1. "Apiary" means a place where one (1) or more colonies of bees are
2. "Bee" means any one of the honey producing genera of Apis including
any queen, worker, or drone, or any of their four (4) life stages. The
term bee includes but is not limited to any species of bees used for
commercial pollinating purposes.
3. "Beekeeper" means a person who owns or manages one (1) or more
hives of bees for any purpose.
4. "Board" means the State Board of Agriculture, or any authorized
agent of the Board.
5. "Colony" means the hive and its components including bees, comb,
honey, propolis and pollen.
6. "Entry permit" means a document issued by the Board authorizing the
transportation of bees or equipment into the state.
7. "Equipment" means any apparatus, tools, clothing, machines, or
other devices used in the handling and manipulation of bees, honey,
wax, pollen, propolis and hives and includes but is not limited to any
containers of honey or wax which may be used in any apiary, any
vehicle used in transporting bees and their products, or apiary
8. "Hive" means any domicile for keeping bees.
9. "Honey house" means any room in any building where honey is
extracted, stored in raw form, processed, or packaged.
10. "Migratory beekeeper" means a beekeeper who moves colonies of bees
to a more favorable location for the purpose of wintering colonies,
increasing the strength of colonies, increasing the number of
colonies, providing pollination services, or for honey production.
11. "Person" means any individual, partnership, firm, corporation,
company, association, organized group whether incorporated or not or
other legal entity.
12. "Pest" means any living organism which is responsible, directly or
indirectly, for any condition which is or may be harmful to bees in
any of their four (4) life stages, or interferes with their
management, including but not limited to diseases, parasites, and
Africanized strains of honey bees.
13. "Pollination" means the use of colonies of bees to pollinate
14. "Premise" means any place where bees, colonies, hive, equipment,
or honey may be located including but not limited to apiaries.
15. "Quarantine" means the detaining of an apiary, equipment, or honey
at its location after discovering the presence of a pest.