A. The Commission is hereby given exclusive jurisdiction to prepare a
Wetlands Management Strategy for the State of Oklahoma. The Strategy
1. Define wetlands;
2. Enumerate their beneficial uses;
3. Identify and inventory wetlands within this state;
4. Recommend measures to mitigate losses of wetlands;
5. Provide measures to protect wetlands; and
6. Define standards for critical wetlands and measures to ensure
protection of property rights of landowners.
B. Upon completion, the Conservation Commission is to forward the
Wetlands Management Strategy for the State of Oklahoma and to submit
said Strategy to the President Pro Tempore of the Oklahoma Senate, the
Speaker of the Oklahoma House of Representatives, and to the Secretary
of the Environment or successor secretary position.